Colorful & Decorative - Cement Tile
Amber White AM-010
Golden Rod AM-035
Powder Blue AZ-010
Jewel blue AZ-030
Steel Blue AZ-045
Midnight Blue AZ-120
Antique Ivory BL-015
Neon Green ES-020
Sandy Brown MA-030
Pink Frost RO-010
Indian Red RO-030
Dark Roast RO-050
Deep Henna RO-085
Arabian Green VE-015
Dark Sea Green VE-040
Sugar Cookie AM-015
Golden Ocre AM-040
Polk Gold AM-110
CEMENT TILE INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
Installed properly, cement tiles will present a beautiful, durable, long-lasting surface that is very easy to maintain.These installation instructions are provided as a service and helpful guide only, knoxtile is not and will not be held responsible for improper installation of your cement tile material.
Consult with and hire a professional contractor / installer familiar with and experienced in installing cement tile.
- Inspect your order carefully and be mindful when handling cement tile, do not damage the finished surface or corners of the tiles.
- Keep stored tile materials dry. Prolonged exposure to moisture, can cause the colors to fade or stain, and cement tile surfaces to effervesce, resulting in a white powdery surface contamination of the tile derived from excess moisture leaching through from the porous bottom surface of the tile.
- The natural processes of coloring cement tile is subject to color variations. Blend tile lots before installing to assure a consistent color effect.
- Prior to installing interior cement tile materials, allow them time to adjust/cure to the humidity of the interior space/area.
- Freshly installed cement tile will show some residual cement dust on the tiles surface, prior to laying grout remove all residual dust by throughly cleaning the tile surface.
- Control tile lippage during installation. Only install cement tile over a flat, and cured concrete surface.
- Use high quality thin-set adhesives, such as Laticrete or Mapei products. Inquire of and follow adhesive manufacturer's instructions when installing cement tiles.
- Cement Tiles are not intended for installation methods that use excessive quantities of water.
- Do not install during excessively hot weather or full direct sun. Quickly evaporating moisture can be drawn through the tile body potentially causing surface effervescence.
- Make sure that adhesive is applied to the full back of each tile (100% coverage). Larger tiles require back buttering.
- Do not set tiles with a mallet or rubber hammer, level tiles by hand pressure only.
- Remove excess adhesive from the surface with a damp cloth or sponge while it is still fresh.
- Cut tiles using a sharp diamond blade with water saw, to avoid chipping the edges.
- Sealing cement tiles with an impregnating or penetrating sealer before grouting is absolutely necessary.
- Do not use any acids or alkaline to clean tiles. Use a PH neutral cleaner.
- Allow two to three days after tiles are laid before grouting joints. Ensure that thin-set material is fully dry so that no moisture is trapped by grouting.
- Once grout has been applied and starts to dry, remove excess grout immediately.
- Do not use duct tape or gaffer tape directly onto cement tile surface. Tape can discolor or stain your cement tiles.
- If you decide to use a colored grout it is recommend to choose a color that is the same, or lighter than, the lightest color in the pattern.
- After installation, wash the surface with a neutral detergent and remove any excess dirt and water.
- Do not allow liquids to spot, pond or ring on the surface of the tiles.
- A natural patina will occur as the floor is maintained and wears. Water spotting will be minimized through ongoing maintenance.
- Sweeping or dust mopping is important to remove abrasive grit that may cause wear.
- Familiarize yourself with the installation recommendations and requirements prior to starting installation.
- Discuss any safety and or maintenance recommendations with your installer.
- You and your installer are responsible for ensuring proper installation and sealing of the tiles.
These tips are provided as as basic guidelines only and knoxtile is not responsible for any errors, issues or subsequent problems that may arise due to improper installation practices. You may contact us for clarification and further recommendations if necessary however, all guidance is provide as an informativ/br alt= alt=e strongs alt=ervice astrongnd should not supersede the guidance and advice of your general contractor or professional tile contractor.